Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in a dental office. Professional teeth whitening is non-invasive and creates a great enhancement for an individual's smile. In this blog from VanSmileDesign, the longevity of teeth whitening is discussed along with tips on how patients can maintain their results after treatment.
Patients Will See Results Lasting 1-2 Years
For some patients, teeth whitening results will last for 1-2 years after treatment while many others will observe the effects extending even longer. Primarily, the longevity of teeth whitening treatment depends on the unique density and texture of an individual's teeth enamel as well as their daily routine.
Proper Care Helps Maintain the Brightness of Teeth
- Professional teeth cleaning – Maintaining a regular routine of professional cleaning appointments every few months will help to remove deep external stains from both the teeth as well as areas below the gums. The teeth whitening procedure is also most effective when it is completed in conjunction with the cleaning visit or shortly afterwards.
- Brush and floss regularly – Brushing twice a day removes plaque and bacteria buildup from teeth while flossing helps to keep the adjacent gum tissue and bone free of inflammation.
- Rinse after consuming staining foods or drinks – Consuming foods and drinks with color may darken and stain the teeth over time. Rinsing with water or alternating beverages with water throughout the day will help to prevent the rapid accumulation of stains.
- Drink with a straw – Drinking beverages with a straw helps colored liquids to bypass the teeth, reducing the buildup of stains.
- Use whitening toothpaste and mouthwash – ADA-accepted whitening toothpaste and mouthwash containing low levels of peroxide can help to remove some stains and preserve teeth brightness.
Refresh and Boost the Effects of Whitening with Touch-Ups
At VanSmileDesign, we also offer touch-up whitening treatments. Patients who need an extra boost in the color and appearance of their teeth can schedule a touch-up at our office. In one appointment, Dr. Van can brighten teeth and create a big impact on the appearance of patients' smiles.
Schedule a Cosmetic Consultation at VanSmileDesign to Learn More
At VanSmileDesign, Dr. Van provides patients throughout the McLean and Vienna communities with expert cosmetic dentistry services, including teeth whitening. Our team is excited with helping patients achieve an overall brighter smile.
Schedule a cosmetic consultation by giving us a call at (703) 556-0091 or contacting us online. Dr. Van is accepting new patients from all areas surrounding McLean and Vienna.